Friday, February 18, 2011

The Globe Summit Seminar ;)

I went today to an event in the globe of Al Faisaliah. It was a cooking seminar about "wedding cakes" by Chef Rolf Muerner.
I don’t normally attend such things, especially that I hardly know my way to the kitchen -_-
However, I wanted to try something new, and it was worth it!


The Chef couldn’t speak in English. So, his wife was translating. But his passion for what he does wormed our hearts and reached us faster than the translated words. He was a "perfectionist" as his wife called him!



The way he pays extra attention for details was mesmerizing, the least I can say about  his work is that it was a piece of art  



The cake was decorated beautifully; it looked exotic with chocolate hearts, real flowers, and edible gold!







We even got the chance to taste a dessert that he created!
The taste was phenomenal; it was a strange mix of mango, chilly, passion fruit, and other things that I forgot now (sorry!), but the first word that I was able to describe it with was NOT BORING! It melts in your mouth and the different tastes take turns to show themselves!
It was really a new experience, out of my comfort zone.
Honestly, we hardly have anything out of the ordinary such as this. I enjoyed it!
Thanks Hanaa for inviting me!
You Rock!
Eith

No comments:

Post a Comment